Construction Updates and Videos Print Page
Heartland Petrochemical Complex
Watch the video below for a behind the scenes look at the historic moves for the Heartland Petrochemical Complex.
Inter Pipeline - Making Moves Video:
Watch the video below to see a flyover of the Heartland Petrochemical Complex. After achieving several significant milestones in the first quarter of the year, the project remains on schedule and on budget.
Heartland Petrochemical Complex Site, April 2019:
Watch the video below to see the 800,000 kg Propylene-Propane Splitter lifted into place. This is a significant milestone in the construction of the Heartland Petrochemical Complex.
Splitter Lift Video:
Heartland Petrochemical Complex Site, March 2019:
See the PP Reactor's full move and lift, from Cessco Fabrication in Edmonton to installation at the Heartland Petrochemical Complex! Thanks to everyone who made this complex, historic move and lift a success.
PP Reactor Move and Lift Video:
PP Reactor Facts:
- Weight: 725,000 kgs (vessel only/shipping weight is approximately 800 kgs) – more than five times the weight of the space shuttle Endeavour
- Second heaviest road move in Alberta history
- Height: 48.5 metres – approximately half the length of a CFL football field.
- Fabrication: Nearly 15 months (2017/18) The work was started and completed at Edmonton’s Cessco Fabrication and Engineering
- Material: The PP Reactor is primarily fabricated from carbon steel
In This Section
- Operating Areas
- Business Segments
- Construction Projects
- Customer Services
- Supplier/Contractor Information