Construction Updates and Videos Print Page
Heartland Petrochemical Complex
Significant Milestone Reached...
See the PP Reactor's full move and lift, from Cessco Fabrication in Edmonton to installation at the Heartland Petrochemical Complex! Thanks to everyone who made this complex, historic move and lift a success.
PP Reactor Facts:
- Weight: 725,000 kgs (vessel only/shipping weight is approximately 800 kgs) – more than five times the weight of the space shuttle Endeavour
- Second heaviest road move in Alberta history
- Height: 48.5 metres – approximately half the length of a CFL football field.
- Fabrication: Nearly 15 months (2017/18) The work was started and completed at Edmonton’s Cessco Fabrication and Engineering
- Material: The PP Reactor is primarily fabricated from carbon steel
Construction Update Video:
We reached a key milestone for the Heartland Petrochemical project, with the support of Inter Pipeline's contractor Mammoet, our Polypropylene Splitter began its journey from the Edmonton-based Dacro Industries Inc. fabrication shop to the Heartland construction site. The Splitter was completely fabricated at Dacro Industries in Edmonton, which supports the local economy and utilizes Alberta's abundance of highly skilled labour and expertise. The “Propylene-Propane Splitter," is a distillation column that took most of 2018 to fabricate, and was completed on schedule and on budget.
- Weight: Over 800 tonnes – approximately 5 times the weight of the statue of liberty (excluding foundation)
- Height: Over 97M tall - which is nearly as long as a CFL football field or approximately equivalent to the 1988 Olympic Ski Jump at Canada Olympic Park
- Fabrication: One year. The work was started and completed at Edmonton's Dacro Industries
- Material: The Splitter is primarily fabricated from carbon steel
Splitter Move Video:
Follow our Twitter page for daily updates and visuals of the move.
At the Heartland Petrochemical Complex, construction continues to progress on schedule. View our latest construction update here:
At the Heartland Petrochemical Complex, construction continues to progress on schedule. As of April, 2018, over $500 million has been invested on advancing this project. View April's construction update here:
Construction on our Heartland Petrochemical Complex will see more than 3,000 pilings in the ground this winter - some extending more than 20 metres into the ground.View our video of the first piling going into the ground:
In This Section
- Operating Areas
- Business Segments
- Construction Projects
- Customer Services
- Supplier/Contractor Information